Weight Loss

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Burn-out

I'm a little down today. I'm burned out on water and work. For my work burn out details, see my personal blog.

I'm SICK SICK SICK! of drinking water. I wish there was something else I could drink that had no calories, but I'm intolerant of all artificial sweetners. You don't want to know the details, but I would be one sick girl if I ingested that stuff. That's part of the reason dieting is so difficult for me and the rest of my family. 'Diet' and 'no sugar' things are not an option. I was super excited when Splenda came out because I thought I'd be able to stand that. Nope. All I taste from it is salt, not sweetness, and if I have more than one serving of whatever it is in (or, depending on the amount, less than one serving) I get sick. I could lose weight that way, true, and it's tempting at times to make myself sick so I lose the weight, but I know that's not a solution. I would just gain the weight back, because that's what my body does: gain weight.

So, in case you couldn't tell, I'm a little frustrated. Mostly it stems from drinking so much water. I know the numbers on the scale are going down, and I think I'm losing inches, but I'm tired of water. I used to love water, and now I have to force myself to drink it. Grrrr.

I know that when I've lost all the weight and I will finally allow myself to have a child that this will all be worth it, and just a memory of how much I can overcome when I put my best effort forth. For now, I'm going to stew in my frustration a bit and hopefully see those numbers go down again tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Gucci Mama said...

You should try Stevia. It's an herb that's naturally sweet; it tastes great and is wonderful when you're on a diet. You get it in health food stores; it comes in powder or liquid form. Good luck!