Weight Loss

Monday, June 9, 2008

Slow and Steady

Slow and steady wins the race, right? I know I have to stick with it and just power through this plateau. I lost another 1/2 a pound, to make it 192.8. I'll take it, and just keep going.
I am very frustrated with how slow I'm losing weight. I'm finally meeting my exercise goals, but I have been exercising all along. Three or four 1/2-hour sessions a week is what I've been doing, seven 1/2-hour sessions is my goal. I've been eating fewer than 1600 calories a day, as recommended by the Alli program for my weight and activity level. Actually, that's how many calories a day they recommend for the weight level below mine, so I thought if I did that, then I would lose weight faster.
In a desperate attempt to jump-start my weight loss, I'm going to combine Alli and Slim Fast. Will I be full? Probably not, but I'm sick of this. Being overweight is worse for me then consuming only 1200 calories a day. Before you ask, I have doctor approval for this. My doctor said she didn't really like it, but she understands my frustration, and because I'm young and basically healthy, she's willing to let me try eating only 1200 cals a day for a month. Then she wants me to come back for another evaluation. She said I should lose at least 5 lbs in a month eating so little, and if I don't then we'll see if there is a reason that I'm not losing weight like I should. One thing she did remind me of was the slow and steady axiom. I reminded her that if I lose weight any slower, I'll start gaining.

2 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. I gained sixty pounds with my first pregnancy. SIXTY. That's like a ten year old. And I had a five and a half pound baby, so I gained more than ten times the weight he added...ugh. Before my pregnancy I had never really struggled with weight, but since (it's been eighteen months) it has been a constant battle. I can just feel your frustration. I tried everything; slim fast, atkins, alli, weight watchers, you name it. I would be moderately successful, and then get so frustrated things were going so slowly I'd give up and gain more weight than I lost. It was awful. Then I discovered the HcG diet. You should ask your doctor about it. HcG is a natural hormone (the pregnancy hormone actually) and when injected daily it helps you to lose an enormous amount of weight. I mean like one or two pounds A DAY. The best day I have had so far on this diet I lost five pounds OVER NIGHT. I learned how to give myself the injection...so easy, and plus I don't even feel it. Even still, I had reached the point where the pain of being fat was worse, so much worse than the pain of dieting and losing weight. The injections are combined with a 500 calorie diet, which sounds insane, but I am not hungry. This is due to the shot, not only does it speed up your metabolism, but it causes you to burn stored fat, and while I'm not sure how it works specifically, it makes it so you truly feel no hunger. Anyway, sorry this is so long, I just saw a lot of myself in what you wrote, and my heart goes out to you. You should really look into this diet; I've been on it 30 days and I've lost 36 pounds. Good luck, and best wishes!

Ross said...

If having babies is what you want, K8E, then that's what you'll get. You're determined enough to lose weight. It'll happen for you. Just like I know I'll have a relationship with a girl.

I can totally identify with what you're going through. We're going through the same emotions; it's just the situations which are different. You want to lose weight NOW. And you want a baby NOW. And for both of us, what we want/need WILL transpire.

It's not a matter of if, but when. And for both of us, it'll probably happen sooner than we think.