Weight Loss

Friday, May 2, 2008

Chocolate

Mmmm, chocolate. My drug of choice. Kind of a problem when you are trying to lose weight. I'm training myself to ignore the temptation, and it's really hard. I can't just rid the house of all things sweet. My husband would kill me, and it would still leave me open to temptation everywhere else. And really pissed when I'm PMSing and there's no chocolate to be found. So I'm keeping my 'day off' stash at work. Right now I go at least five days without a day off. That's more days off than the recommended once-a-week, but my job is stressful and I'm not going to torture myself, especially since I'll go longer than that if I can. Once I take a day off the count starts over again; that way I can't say I went a whole month without a day off, and now I'm going to take four days off.
Anyway, I keep my day off stash at work. There's a two-fold purpose. The first is for the day off itself. With my stash at hand, I don't have to feel guilty about all the crap I buy on a day off and can't finish. I don't buy anything refrigerated or frozen, unless it's a single serving and I'm going to eat it right then. Therefore, anything I don't finish on the day off goes in the stash and waits for the next day off. The second purpose is that when it's not my day off I have a training tool. If I can ignore it while it's in a drawer in my office and I can have it without anyone knowing, then I can ignore it any time. It's working so far, but it's only half-way through day two. Still, I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've tried getting rid of all the temptation around me, and it doesn't work. Maybe this will. :)

No comments: