Weight Loss

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day Eight

Here's where seeing the forest through the trees begins. I was back up to 196.3 this morning. Am I going to freak out about a tenth of a pound? No, because I choose not to. Through my first week of dieting, I lost about 1.5 lbs. I'll take it for the forest, and ignore the trees for a bit.
Still waiting on my day off. I'm going to make myself meet my exercise goals before I allow a day off. I know from past experience that I can really go overboard on a day off, so I need to be sure I can make up for it and keep going before I take that chance. My exercise goal is to go to Curves every weekday, and do the Strapless Dress workout I was using before the wedding on the weekends. If I can do that over the next week, I'll consider taking a day off from the diet, but not the exercise. I hate exercise, so that has to be the thing I focus on most. I can stay busy and ignore food altogether for a few hours, but exercise is a thing too easy to avoid, and I can't afford to avoid it.

2 comments:

Ross said...

But don't you love the way exercise fills up your brain with all those wonderful endorphins and makes you feel so happy afterwards?

K8E said...

If my brain is being flooded with endorphins after exercise, I don't feel it. I wish I did, it might make it easier to deal with. Usually I just feel worn out.