Weight Loss

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 27

Okay, so I didn't post every day...or every week. Or at all.
I had a bad week and didn't want to admit it, and then I had an okay couple of days, and then I really got back on track. Now I'm down to 194.2. Woohoo!
Michael and I went to the beach on Saturday, stayed for the night. That really motivated me because he wanted me to get a 2-piece suit, so I tried on a few, and looked really bad. Really, really bad. Michael didn't agree, but I knew I wasn't going outside in those things, so I didn't buy one. I told him we would try again when I lose some more weight.
We also had a talk about how his eating habits affect me, and he's trying to be more supportive. I think he's really starting to understand the psychological side to my eating. The other day I said I wanted some chocolate and he just told me 'no' and walked over and hugged me for a few minutes. That was all I really needed. It helped me relax and feel comforted, which is what chocolate does without the unpleasant side effect of extra calories, anger at myself, and sadness.
He's also helping me with my exercise goals by encouraging me to go the gym and even stay little past my normal workout so I don't worry about getting home so fast. Sometimes he even starts dinner before I get home so I have less to do and we don't eat so late. He's always been good about doing that kind of thing if I ask him, but now he's taking the initiative. Life is good. :)

2 comments:

Ross said...

K8E, I'm so proud of you! I'm happy to hear that your husband is being so supportive - together you can really make your goals (and dreams) come true.

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Whoo-hoo...You go Girl!

That's wonderful he's so supportive!

A little hint...Anything you have showing skin, and men have blinders on!