Weight Loss

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Motivation

I'm starting this blog to track my weight loss and fitness level. I'll enter my trials, temptations, plateaus, stresses and weight every day. I'm 5'4", currently 198 lbs. I want to lose at least 60 lbs in the next year, which is 5 lbs a month. My absolute deadline (even though you are not supposed to have one of those) is July 1, 2009, which is about 4.3 lbs per month. That is when I would like to start trying to get pregnant. I welcome all helpful comments, tips, advice, support, commiseration and anything else you'd like to add.
To meet my goal, I'm going to eat healthier, drink more water, and go to Curves almost every day. This is mostly for me and my future child(ren), but it's also for my husband, who is trying to be supportive, but I know he's tired of dirty looks from me every time he eats something fried or chocolaty in front of me.
I would say that I've been dieting on and off for about six years. Meaning I started my sophomore year in high school. This time it's going to work, and the weight is going to come off and stay off. I will not be a fat mother and wife!

P.S. If you would like to see my personal blog, please visit http://btwnhvnnhll.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Ross said...

Hi K8E - I've just come across your new blog. It's really nice. I admire you for wanting to improve your health and image for your future children - not purely for vanity's sake. It sounds like you'd make a great mother.

Are you aware of the Bill Phillip's programme? Living in America, I'm sure you have. It helped me lose a lot of weight.

If you haven't, here's where to find one of his sites:
http://www.eatingforlife.com/

Good Luck!